Ok guys, forgive me for this giant post but I am VERY excited about the posting of Hail Mary, rhythmsextion
's Big Bang. Yours truly will be doing the art, in case you missed my wild shrieking and flailing about it previously. It gets posted in
(ahhhhhhh crap;;;) and since it is a sequel to her big bang from last year I thought it would be good to do a 'LAST TIME, ON NEXT MAN UP' sort of post.
* ANYWAYS. Lets get started. Next Man Up
[Jared/Jensen, Jared/Sandy | Adult | 97,500] Rhythm's Summary:
Armed with strength, size and instinctive talent, Jared Padalecki is the first round draft pick for the faltering Dallas Cowboys. Quickly granted a multi-million dollar contract and heralded as the hopeful future franchise quarterback, Jared is thrilled to be a part of the team he grew up idolizing and is all too eager to take the next step in what should be a long and promising career. However, Jared soon realizes he has a much tougher road ahead than anticipated when he meets the prickly Jensen Ackles, the team's veteran QB and Jared's number one competitor for the starting roster spot. Daunt's Notes:
Firstly: YOU DON'T HAVE TO KNOW FOOTBALL TO READ
IT. Next: Remember that you're reading from a very limited Jared perspective in this story and while he may think he knows the truth about himself and the people around him, he probably doesn't. It's one of the things I loved so much about the story, Jared is not perfect, he lies to himself to make things okay and he does some not nice things. These are normal human mistakes, that average people commit every day. It's part of what I love about this story! Also, don't think his perspective is necessarily the truth. Also...Be ready for an unresolved ending. Just sayin.
(highlight the previous text to read) THEN READ THE TIMESTAMPS, dammit.Short Stories
Some of these are VITAL to the story. I highly encourage you to read these. Not only are they really amazing stories but it'll set up some of what happens in Hail Mary. You could probably skip the Jensen/Chris one if you really really wanted to but hey it's a good story. :)
NEXT MAN UP HAPPENS HERE
- All wrapped up in him, too. [Jensen/OMC | Adult | Pre-NMU | ~4,400] Jensen's a high school quarterback who makes a discovery about himself while staying the night at his girlfriend's house.
- Keep It on the Field [Jensen/Chris, Jensen/OMC, Jensen/various | Pre-NMU | Adult | ~9,500] With the eighty-first pick in the 2004 NFL Draft, the Washington Redskins choose quarterback from Washington State University, Jensen Ackles.
- Game Time Decision (Timestamp #1) [Jared/Jensen | Adult | 1,300] This thing between them still feels new. Raw and breakable and completely forbidden. There is no part of it that comes easy, no part that isn't still terrifying for a million different reasons, but with Jensen's hands and breath on his skin, Jared finds it so easy to forget every single one.
- Take a Knee (Timestamp #2) [Jared/Jensen, Jared/Sandy, Jared/Genevieve | Adult | ~3,100] He's seen Jared twice in the past year and a half and, though they've talked over the phone more than that, it's still not the same. Nothing is. They both knew this would happen.
Other amazing stuff you ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO SEE:( More ARTISTIC coolness you have to see... )
Understanding American Footballrhythmsextion
's Football Primer
: Includes NFL Background, Football 101 and a Glossary. GREAT info, well explained.
Okay you don't HAVE to read it but it'll be a great way to get you started on understanding Football.Videos
Yes I even gathered VIDEOS for you! ( Check out these Football Videos! )
So there we go! I really can't wait for Hail Mary to get posted, mainly because it's an awesome AWESOME story and also because I'm really excited about the art I'm doing for it. :)